I would like to share some of the facts about healthy living. These are some of the vegetables that helps our body. Try to check this out.
Foods That Help To Cleanse The Liver
1. Garlic-Just a small amount of garlic has the ability to activate liver enzymes that helps your body flush out toxins. Garlic also holds high amounts of allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.
2. Grapefruit-High in both vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit increase the natural cleansing processes of the liver. A small glass of freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice will help boost production of liver detoxification enzymes that help flush out carcinogens and other toxins.
3. Leafy Green Vegetables-One of our most powerful allies in cleansing the liver. Extremely high in plant chlorophyll, greens literally suck up environmental toxins from the blood stream. With their distinct ability to neutralize heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides, these cleansing foods offer a powerful protective mechanism for the liver. Try incorporating leafy greens such as bitter gourd, arugula, dandelion greens, spinach, mustard greens and chicory into your diet. This will help increase the creation and flow of bile, the substance that removes waste from the organs and blood. + bitter gourd + dandelion greens mustard greens chicory
4. Avocados-This nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce glutathione, which is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins. Recent studies indicate improved liver health when avocados are eaten regular.
5. Olive Oil-Cold-pressed organic oils such as olive, hemp and flax-seed are great for the liver, when used in moderation. They help the body by providing a lipid base that can suck up harmful toxins in the body. In this way, it takes some of the burden off the liver in terms of the toxic overload that many of us suffer from.
6. Walnuts-Holding high amount of the amino acid arginine, walnuts aid the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Walnuts are also high in glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids which support normal liver cleansing actions.
7. Turmeric helps boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out known dietary carcinogens. kalawag
8. Herbal Green tea is loaded with catechins, a type of plant antioxidant that has been shown in studies to eliminate liver fat accumulation and promote proper liver function. This powerful herbal beverage also protects the liver against toxins that would otherwise accumulate and cause serious damage.
Looking at this picture reminded me of eating healthy foods. I chose to eat green and yellow vegetables. And many times I eat fish and eat meat less. Try to look at this picture. Did it give you a choice to be healthy?
Here are the surprising Health Benefits of Sayote/Chayote
1.Good for the heart (Folate)
Chayote is an excellent source of folate, a B vitamin which helps prevent homocystein build-up. Studies have shown that too much of this amino acid in the blood is linked to a higher risk of coronary heart disease and stroke.
2.Helps prevent cancer (Vitamin C)
Vitamin C is known as one of the powerful antioxidants, substances that may protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Studies suggest that antioxidants may slow or possibly prevent cancer development. Chayote is a very good source of vitamin C, providing 17% of the RDI.
3.Helps the body produce energy (Manganese)
Start your day with a breakfast of chayote omelet. Its manganese content helps the body convert protein and fat to energy.
4. Helps prevent constipation (Fiber)
To promote bowel regularity, add fiber to your diet with the help of this vegetable.
5.Keeps thyroid healthy (Copper)
It helps iodine in keeping the thyroid healthy by providing copper, a mineral linked in thyroid metabolism, especially in hormone production and absorption.
6.Helps prevent acne (Zinc)
It is a good source of zinc, a mineral which has shown to influence hormones which controls the production of oil in the skin.
7.Helps prevent bone loss (Vitamin K)
Tell grandma to eat chayote for a natural supply of vitamin K. Studies revealed a connection between vitamin K and osteoporosis.
8.Helps reduce blood pressure (Potassium)
Chayote can add to your DV of potassium, the mineral which helps lower blood pressure levels.
9.Good for the brain (Vitamin B6)
It can provide vitamin B6. Study participants have shown that vitamin B6 helps improve memory performance in some age groups.
10.Helps prevent leg cramps (Magnesium)
Chayote also contains magnesium, an electrolyte and a mineral which helps prevent muscle cramps. So what do you want now? Are you starting to love it too?
I was so upset since the other because of my 9-year old fever and flu. It took more than 3 days now and I was about to decide to bring him to the hospital after 4 times having LBM Loose Bowel Movement) every after 3minutes. When I checked his medicines few months ago I saw erceflora vial, a kind of medicine for his diarrhea before. I immediately check the internet for more information and was I glad after giving him 2 vials he was able to sleep. And I cooked vegetables with moringa oleifera (malunggay) with squash, string beans, okra and saluyot. Then I woke him up and gave him something to eat. Thank God, he’s okay now and watching resting while watching tv.
There are certain that helps inflammation while there are others that lowers inflammation according to the news I’ve read just recently. Here’s the news…
Certain foods reduce inflammation, while others raise it. What to eat and what to avoid?
Inflammation, normally part of a healthy immune response, is increasingly thought to play a leading role in encouraging a number of major killers, including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and Alzheimer’s. Dangerous chronic inflammation occurs when the immune system stays turned on and starts attacking healthy cells and tissues-triggering, for example, cancer-causing genetic mutations or the bursting of artery plaque. What you eat, though, helps determine how much inflammation you produce. Certain foods promote it, while others are inflammation-fighting superstars, says nutritionist and family physician Ann Kulze, author of Dr. Ann’s 10-Step Diet. Some recommendations:
Try to eat more…
Omega-3 fats. These are among the most potent anti-inflammatory foods. Best sources: fatty fish like salmon and tuna; walnuts and other nuts; flax seed; and canola oil.
Colorful produce. Red onions, tomatoes, broccoli, red grapes, berries, and oranges all are packed with chemicals called flavonoids that have anti-inflammatory properties.
Herbs and spices. Ginger and turmeric, either dried or fresh, are among the most healthful spices. For herbs, sprinkle on some fresh rosemary.
Chocolate and wine. Red wine has anti-inflammatory chemicals like resveratrol. Dark chocolate-look for 70 percent or higher cacao-protects against inflammation, and research suggests that hot cocoa does too.
Eat less on…
Omega-6 fats. They trigger the body to produce pro-inflammatory chemicals. Oils rich in omega-6 fats include corn, safflower, and vegetable oils; mayonnaise; and many salad dressings.
Trans fats. They’re disappearing from packaged foods as more and more research shows they drive inflammation. And now they’re on nutrition labels, so they’re easier to avoid.
Rancid fats. Don’t heat oil to the point that it’s smoking, since that oxidizes fats and turns them into inflammation boosters. Also, avoid old peanut butter and that chocolate bar stashed away for years in your pantry.
White starches. Flour, sugar, white rice, and instant mashed potatoes, for example, all cause quick spikes in blood sugar levels, causing the production of advanced glycation end products that spur inflammation.
Animal fats. Foods high in this fat-egg yolks, red meat, poultry skin, whole-milk dairy products-also contain high amounts of arachidonic acid, a molecule used by the body to create inflammation.
Excess alcohol. Avoid drinking more than one or two alcoholic beverages a day; too much alcohol can cause changes in the intestinal lining, allowing bacteria to pass through into the bloodstream, triggering inflammation.
Hope you enjoy reading this post. I’ve read it from the yahoo news and shared it with you. We need to be careful of the food we eat for our own benefit. Happy weekend everyone!